1. The participant (Participant) in Running Scared acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of Total Sport & Entertainment and without notice to the Participant.
2. I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event, that I have undertaken sufficient preparation for the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of participation in the Event.
3. Only entries submitted through the official online registration system will be accepted. The information on how to enter and the details about the Event forms part of these Event terms and conditions. The number of entrants will be strictly limited and will be decided on the basis of first received or until registrations close.
4. Promotional codes may only be used where the Participant meets the conditions applying to the code and uses it within the validity period. Promotional codes are not able to be redeemed or exchanged for cash and must only be used by the Participant(s) to whom the relevant code was issued to by the code owner. Promotional codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
5. Total Sport & Entertainment reserves the right to modify, suspend and/or cancel any promotional code at any time without notice to Participants. No refunds will be made to Participants who have access to a promotional code but who do not use the code at the time of registration and purchase.
6. I accept full responsibility for informing myself and assessing all the dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the Event and will rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in the Event and notwithstanding any decision thereon made by Total Sport & Entertainment and/or other persons corporations and bodies involved in promoting or staging the Event. The decision to participate in the Event is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with participation in the Event, including but not limited to loss of life and/or any injury (including any permanent injury).
7. I agree to abide by all Event terms and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by Total Sport & Entertainment Event officials, volunteers, security and the police.
8. I agree and accept that Total Sport & Entertainment may, in its absolute discretion, at any time and from time to time vary the rules and regulations of the Event without prior notice to me.
9. I consent to receive such emergency medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of Event Medical Officials in the event of any injury accident or illness to me during my participation in the Event. They will provide immediate assistance and if further assistance is required, such as transportation to a hospital. Please note that these costs are incurred by the patient.
10. I acknowledge that I must wear the official Event bib corresponding to the registration made in my name on my chest such that the allotted bib number, start group, and sponsor names on the face of bib can be seen for the duration of the Event. Start groups cannot be changed, modified, or altered once registration has been finalised.
11. Event bib postage is available for participants to purchase during the registration process. Event bibs will be sent to the Australian address provided upon registering and will not be posted to international addresses. Total Sport & Entertainment takes no responsibility for bib packs that may be lost in the post, or delivered to an incorrect address. Participants are responsible for ensuring correct postal address details are included in the correct postage option fields. Postage fees are non-refundable.
12. I understand that should my contact details change after my registration has been completed, it will be my responsibility to notify Total Sport & Entertainment at runscared.com.au. If I fail to promptly notify Total Sport & Entertainment my Event bib pack is sent to the address I have registered, I will be responsible for paying Total Sport & Entertainment costs of replacing the bib pack.
13. No roller skates, roller blades, hand cycles, geared vehicles, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, dogs, balls or other accessories that could cause injury will be permitted at the Event.
14. Spectators may not follow competitors on foot, in vehicles or via any other mode of transportation.
15. The use of any type of drone is prohibited at the Event.
16. Total Sport & Entertainment reserves the right to change or modify any part of the Event including the date, course and/or location at any time and from time to time without personal notice to the Participant. Details of any such changes will be published on the Event website, the Event Facebook page, Event e-newsletter and/or other media.
17. I acknowledge that Total Sport & Entertainment and/or its representative may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the Event if in Total Sport & Entertainment’s opinion it is necessary to do so: (a) due to my behaviour being inappropriate, offensive, or abusive (in Total Sport & Entertainment’s opinion); (b) to prevent damage to any property; (c) on medical, health and/or safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself and/or any other person); and/or (d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
18. I agree that registration in the Event is personal to me and that no other person is permitted to participate in the Event in my place.
19. You acknowledge that Total Sport & Entertainment uses a third party payment facilitator, Moshti Pty Ltd (ABN 72 076 980 955), and that a booking fee of $1.95 apply in addition to your Event entry fee.
20. If a person-to-person transfer option is made available (at Total Sport & Entertainment’s discretion), I consent to pay an administration fee at the time of transfer.
21. Total Sport & Entertainment reserves the right, in its discretion, to reject or cancel my entry at any time.
22. I acknowledge that refunds will only be issued for the Event entry fee or charitable donations.
23. Total Sport & Entertainment reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time if Total Sport & Entertainment considers in its sole discretion this is required due to any sort of dangerous conditions and/or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, there will be no refund of entry fee unless otherwise determined by Total Sport & Entertainment in its sole discretion and the cancelled Event may not be rescheduled. A decision will be made ASAP on Event day and broadcast via the Event website and/or official social media channels.
24. I consent to Total Sport & Entertainment using my personal details in my registration form for the administration of the Event and by any third parties selected by me during the registration process, including to SMS information about the Event to me if I have provided a mobile phone number, unless otherwise indicated by me during the online registration process. I also consent to my personal details being used by Total Sport & Entertainment and its related bodies corporate for future marketing and promotional purposes.
25. I agree that registration in the Event is valid for the Event only, and cannot be transferred or deferred to future events.
26. I declare that all the information supplied by me in the registration process is true and correct.
27. I certify that I am 18 years or older or that I am the parent/legal guardian of a Participant who is under the age of 15-17years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. Where I am a parent or legal guardian of a Participant, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant.
28. Total Sport & Entertainment reserves the right to inspect any bag or other attachment to or accompaniment of a participant at any time while the participant is participating in the Event or the Event after party.
Release and Waiver
29. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry in the Event, I agree on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators and declare that: to the extent permitted by law, I hereby waive release and discharge each of the Total Sport & Entertainment Parties (as defined in paragraph 30 below) from and against all and every claim, right or cause of action (including for negligence, breach of contract or breach of statute) which I might have or which may arise out of my death or injury and/or damage or loss of any description which I may suffer or sustain as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Event. This release continues and forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns and may be pleaded as a bar to any action, claim, demand, suit or legal proceedings.
30. This waiver release and discharge operates jointly and severally in favour of Total Sport & Entertainment and its related bodies corporate, and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, event stakeholders, the owners, licensees and occupiers of the land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, Event sponsors, supporters, persons, corporations, contractors, subcontractors, volunteers, servants and employees involved or otherwise engaged in promoting, staging, administering, running or controlling the Event (Total Sport 7 Entertainment Parties).
31. Where a Participant is under the age of 18 years, in consideration of Total Sport & Entertainment agreeing at my request to accept the entry of this Participant in the Event, I hereby agree for myself, the Participant, their heirs, executors and administrators to hereby waive release and discharge (to the extent permitted by law) all and every claim, right or cause of action (including for negligence, breach of contract or breach of statute) for which I might have or which the minor Participant may have or which arises out of the death, injury, damage or loss of any description which I or the Participant may suffer or sustain as a result of his/her participation in the Event. This release continues forever and binds the Participant’s heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns and may be pleaded as a bar to any action, claim, demand, suit or legal proceedings.
32. I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, image, voice, statement or otherwise without any payment or compensation to me. I also consent to the use of my image and/or voice in any form of media whatsoever by Event related sponsors for the purposes of promoting the Event and/or other events operated or managed by Total Sport & Entertainment Events without any payment or compensation to me.
Privacy Collection Statement: Total Sport & Entertainment collects your personal information for the administration of the Event and for future marketing and promotional purposes relating to Total Sport & Entertainment Events and/or the Total Sport & Entertainment group of companies. I acknowledge that Total Sport & Entertainment may disclose and use my personal information in accordance with these Event Terms and Conditions. Total Sport & Entertainment may disclose your personal information to its related bodies corporate and any third parties involved in the Event, including service providers and any third parties selected by you or Total Sport & Entertainment.